Monday, September 9, 2019

Rex's First Trailing Practice

Hey Tribe!

Want to know a secret?  I think I have an air scenting dog AND a trailing dog!

Trailer on the left, Air Scenter on the right!

Over the past month, I've noticed that Rex's nose is pretty awesome and he likes to trail Fly and other scents when we're out and about, so I thought I'd see how he was at trailing people.  Why not, right?

Standard look for Rex: nose to the ground.

I put Fly's harness on Rex and used her trailing long line as well; it felt good to put that line back into action after not using it since Fly transitioned to air scenting.

Real men wear pink, amiright?

TheMother walked the trail for us while Rex was away and unsuspecting and I only had a rough idea of where she was going to be.  Then, I got Rex ready and we began his first ever introduction to formal search work and finding humans.

I'll just let you watch the video now.


What do you think?  Rex's future as a SAR trailing dog looks pretty bright to me!


P.S. Think you need a Karelian Bear Dog for search work or companionship?  Da Villa Saloia has two pups (Rex's brothers) available!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts