Monday, January 1, 2018

Hi There!

Hi there!

Once upon a time, there lived a Karelian Bear Dog and her girl.  They loved to explore and found adventure in everyday life.  The dog and her girl were happy and wanted to share their happiness with others, so they began a blog.

If you’re interested in reading about Alaska from the perspective of someone who grew up in the State, or want to read about hiking trips and other outdoor activities, or read about the awesome breed of the Karelian Bear Dog, then this blog will fit the bill!


Fly Explores will be a companion to the Instagram account: @flyexplores.  Do you follow Fly?  Say ‘hi’ if you do!  Here, I plan to share the stories and photos of our adventures as we explore Alaska and elsewhere.  This year, 2018, is going to be an amazing year of adventuring, so it’s a perfect time to start blogging!



For the first post, let me introduce myself.  My name is Cassie; I am very proud to be owned by a Karelian Bear Dog named Fly (her “real” name is a bit of a mouthful, so we just call her Fly – any readers out there remember the momma dog from the cute movie Babe? Yeah, Fly!).  Naturally Fly isn’t much of a typist, so I will be doing the storytelling.  Alaskan grown, I always regarded my experiences as commonplace, ordinary events: bear encounters, snowmachine rides along the coast of the Arctic Ocean, northern lights viewing, sleeping under the stars at -30f.  However, I’m now learning to appreciate these adventures as something not everyone gets to do and I want to share them with you through pictures and storytelling.

Fly is a 16 month old puppy who is full of life and very strong willed.  She rarely takes no for an answer and is always quick to give kisses to those whom she loves.  Her feistiness is endearing, her movements are lightning quick, and her sweet tooth is unending.

Hopefully you will enjoy seeing photos and reading about a dog and a girl’s adventures in the Last Frontier!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Popular Posts