Friday, August 2, 2019

Meet Rex!


Hey Tribe!

We've waited a long time for him to arrive - guess who is finally in Alaska!  
Without further ado, I proudly introduce, Rex!


His breeder, Da Villa Saloia, has been showing dogs internationally and is active on Facebook and in several groups of which I am a member, which is where I first met them and began to love their dogs.  Fast forward a few years to this March when they announced their “Once Upon A Time” first litter and I knew I absolutely must have one of their male pups.


After chatting with Nadia, owner of Da Villa Saloia, a most conscientious breeder and super pleasant human, we narrowed what I was looking for in my next pup and she had two pups that seemed to suit my needs.  Boy was that a difficult decision – choosing between the two!  So, it was eventually decided that the pup called “Brown Boy” and papered name “Armando Salazar Da Villa Saloia” was to be Fly’s (and my) new companion.





After all the crazy adventures in Spain, TheMother, TheAunt, and I traveled to Sintra, Portugal and were welcomed into Nadia’s home, treated like family, and allowed to play with puppies as much as my heart desired.  I got to know all of the Da Villa Saloia dogs, adults as well as puppies, and it was wonderful to make new friends of both canine and human alike.  I feel as if their family is an extension of my own now – my Portuguese family.

The first photo I ever took of Rex.  Not my best work, but still special to me.

Rex and his Mom, Cobra.

Rex's brother Archie. No longer available.

Archie, so handsome and brave.

Rex's brother Abu - such a lover. Also still available.

Abu loves the camera!

Abu loves the camera so much he tried to eat mine at every opportunity.

Rex and my flights home were thankfully uneventful, though extremely lengthy with extended layovers.  We bonded.  Rex was able to experience a vast range of sights, smells, and sounds that multiple international airports entail, and he began to blossom into a brave, trusting (of me), and confident young pup.  I was so proud of him and he received innumerable compliments and smiles from fellow travelers and airport staff.

We're in love.

Sleepy puppy.

Being dramatic as I try to check-in.

By now, it should be obvious that I love Rex, but does Fly?  I’ll let you decide for yourself.

This is what being drunk on love looks like.

Fly has the companion I cannot be for her.  Our girl is happy once more.  She is patient and kind, shares her food with him, allows him to steal her toys; they eat together, drink together, sleep together, and play together.  They are two peas in a very happy pod.

Snacks.

Walks.

Neighborhood watch.

Post mud wrestle guilty looks.

Right now, he's all gangly and in that awkward puppy phase where his body looks like it was assembled with odd parts, but somehow he still manages to look charming and so content here in his new country with his new family.



Now, if only I could get Fly to teach Rex to pose with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts