Saturday, December 5, 2020

Does This GoPro Make My Nose Look Big?

 Hey Tribe!

Guess what we got ourselves for Christmas?!

Yep, a GoPro Hero9 Black. 

It's name is Little Buddy.  

Naturally, we had to take Little Buddy out and give it a literal test run with the kicksled.  A temperature of 1*F meant we had the Palmer Hayflats to ourselves, which was great since the Karelians are out of practice with their sled pulling skills and manners.



Open water from the river across the flats created a thin fog that clung to our faces as we cruised.  Fly and Rex think they look tougher with frost on their bodies. Do you agree?

Wasilla Creek's unpredictable wandering rudely severed the trail, so we stopped for a play session while I assessed the possibility of carrying the kicksled across the ice floes and creek channel.  Would I slip and crash the sled and get wet and frozen?  Yes, most likely.

I decided discretion would be our motto for this trip, so we turned around and retraced our snowy tracks back toward the truck.  As we were navigating a particularly uneven and icy patch along the creek, the kicksled began making a slightly odd sound as it slid across the snow.  Imagine my surprise when I glanced down and saw we were missing an entire sled runner!  How far back had we lost it?!  I looked over my shoulder and to my relief the rogue runner was a mere 15 yards behind us. Whew.


The runner was simple to push back in place and remained obediently steadfast for the duration of our journey, but its attachment will need to be reassessed at some point soon.  Right now though, I'm too busy learning how to use our new GoPro, Little Buddy, and how to edit the movie clips and photos it captures.

Someone is all tuckered out from the adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts