Monday, August 9, 2021

DIY Dog Pond, Intro

Hey Tribe,

What began as a pond for three .15 cent feeder goldfish somehow evolved into a property enhancing human and dog swimming pool and I have zero regrets about digging a giant hole in my front lawn.  Our 3 goldfish are enjoying their 5th year of life with plenty of room to spread their fins - a dramatic housing upgrade from their stagnant blue plastic tote that collected gunk in a corner of the dining room.  Birds and dragonflies and bees take advantage of shallow edges to quench their thirst and bathe.  On hot days, Fly, Rex, and I swim and revel in our own private oasis; on cooler days, the trickling melody of gently moving water masks traffic noise and adds calming character to our home.

Interested in how we made it happen?  I've written a series of posts where I'll share with you what we did so you can use the info to spark ideas of your own! Also, when we make changes or adjustments to the pond, I'll be sure to post updates for you to follow.

Ready? Let's move on to the planning stage of the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts