Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!


Hey Tribe,

It’s a new year!  It’s also this little blog’s one year anniversary and I am so very thankful to you for visiting and reading and saying hi, either here, on Pinterest, or on Instagram.  I like it when people say “hi.”


With 2018 behind us, I thought I’d reflect a bit and give you a peek at what we are planning for the future.  So many folks I know are expressing their relief that 2018 has ended, but I’m not sure I am so pleased to get rid of it.  We had a truly awesome year!



  • Fly made history in Barn Hunt, becoming the first ever KBD to achieve Master title.
  • We joined a Search and Rescue team and are learning great skills and have made new friends with teammates.
  • I started a blog (obviously, but it gets to be included!).
  • TheMother and I went on safari in Africa and saw all sorts of animals I’ve only seen in picture books.
  • I summited Mt. Kilimanjaro, learned a lot of life lessons on the way up, and went to an altitude higher than I ever thought my body could handle (19,340ft).
  • Sam and Susan moved back to Alaska.
  • TheNurse and I ran, and finished, a full marathon.
  • We also summited a challenging local mountain peak that has been a goal for a long time.
  • I started organizing KBD meet-ups for our local dogs and their owners.
  • Our Instagram account grew to 1,232 followers in this, it's second year.
  • I learned to be content by myself.
  • We took a cross-country road trip and got a camper trailer.
  • Fly proved herself “bear worthy.”
  • She earned her Canine Good Citizen certificate, after much hard work from both of us with obedience and socialization.
  • We were able to collaborate with several great businesses: Revolution Race, AK Hound 907, My Fluffy Fox Shop, and Chronically Persevering in Style.
  • At work, I gained tenure.
  • At home, I put in new rose beds.


There was one dark spot to our year, when Grimm’s life came to an end.  He is missed.  He left us with 9 years of great memories and, because of him, the Doberman Pinscher will always be my heart’s dog breed.


We are planning to add a new furry member to our family – something that has been in the works for a few years now.  Stay tuned!
I have several gear reviews to share with you.  Stay tuned!
TheMother and I have a long distance, out-of-country hike planned.  Stay tuned!
Fly will be competing in dog conformation shows.  Stay tuned!
There are so many more hiking trails to be explored.  Stay tuned!

The final sun of 2018.


As awesome as 2018 was, I’m pretty excited about what’s to come in 2019.  Thank you for being part of our tribe and sharing in our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts